AES has an established track record in medical device product development and medical device contract manufacturing.
From contract manufacture of electro-mechanical and electronic equipment to surgical equipment AES can assist in the product design, testing, certification and manufacture of medical devices.
Medical device design and development projects in the medical sector range from medical equipment used directly to treat patients such as cosmetic surgery equipment for thread vein removal to associated devices in assisted living and environmental controls.
AES has taken the lead in developing contactless switching technology which is used in a number of applications to control devices whilst minimising the spread of infection by removing the need for physical contact.
The growing need for the use of technology to assist the elderly or infirm to remain self-sufficient is a key area of expertise.
AES has independently designed and developed contactless electronic control systems for faucets and showers, and has developed innovative ways to link internet communication with infrared, Bluetooth and radio frequency devices which are particularly useful in the assisted living sector.
Examples of product design and development projects in the assisted living sector include:
- Devices and technology to monitor, record and report key parameters to remote wardens or medical staff
- Intelligent access to potentially hazardous equipment such as heaters, kettles and cookers
- Smart controls for lighting, television, radio, heating and portable electrical appliances
- Monitoring and reporting medical parameters and summoning assistance
- Reporting authorised access to a remote monitoring location
- Controlling and monitoring access to a residence